Friday, March 5, 2010

Adventures!!

The last month or so I have been able to go on a few adventures either in the mornings before practice, or on our days that we get off every once and awhile. The first adventure that my roommate and I had was visiting the castles and caves nearby in a place called, Postojna. They wouldn't let us take pictures in the cave, so here are just a few from the castle, it was incredible! How in the world did they build something like this back in the day? It boggles my mind!

We then went on a fun little trip to Venice, Italy with my coach's family. It was so much fun! It was near the big Valentine's Holiday here, which they don't celebrate Valentine's like we do back in the states. Their Valentine's is like our Halloween, they basically wear costumes to scare away the winter. So in Venice, that is why they have all of the masks and costumes that you might hear about, because that is the main costume for the Holiday. So there were a lot of people in Venice because of the Holiday, and their were masks everywhere! It was a lot of fun! It was also fun to go with my coach's family! The people here have been so good to my roommate and I, we have been so blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so jealous of your adventures...the pics are breathtaking and I am sure they are even more beautiful in person! Such awesome experiences - couldn't happen to a more wonderful person! Miss you girl! That castle is extreme...it looks like it's growing out of the rocks CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it seems like you're having so much fun there Em! What a neat life experience to be able to have. These pictures are just gorgeous. I did not know that fact about their Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em we miss you so much but it looks like you are having the time of your life! i cant wait to see you sometime soon. Please let me know when you get back in the states. I love you girl and keeping working your bum off (like you always do!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daanngg! So glad you got to go to Venice, I love that place. And that castle looked pretty cool too. I'm sure it doesn't beat the castle we went to together in Bled though, I mean the company was pretty unbeatable.....right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Emilie, you are getting around to see some really cool things. That is just awesome. Paul and I have been to Venice and thought it was so great. We met a couple there that were born and have lived their entire lives in Venice--never owning a car (of course they don't need one), leaving Venice once a week to buy groceries or whatever, and otherwise, moving around by boat. They have a stationary store there in Venice that we went to. It really was amazing to think how they lived. By the way, are you learning the language of Slovinia? (what language is that anyway?) Take care, Lynnette

    ReplyDelete