Friday, May 28, 2010

National Champions!!!

I apologize that I haven't posted anything for awhile! I can't believe that I am no longer in Slovenia! It truly was the best experience that I have ever had and I am going to miss the Slovene people so much!! They made a lasting impact on my life and I will never forget them and all that they did for me! The last week was an incredible week! We ended up taking 1st place in Slovenia!!! The team that I played for had never been to the Finals, let alone winning a National Championship, so it was a week full of emotions!! It was the greatest way to finish my 9 months in Slovenia! I hope that I stay in contact with all of them for the rest of my life!
Here are a few pictures of our Championship game!

Now onto the next step. I am not sure why I am doing this, but I decided to go to Canada and tryout for their National Team here because of the Dual Citizenship that I have. I am officially not eligible to play for Canada until I go through a lot of
paperwork with the USA, so right now I am just training with the B Team until then. I hope to be able to be cleared and training with the A Team soo
n, we will see. So right now I plan on being here for another month or two until I know if I am cleared or not. It has been an amazing experience so far, and
I have been so blessed to have the teammates and coaches that I have had, they are such amazing people and I get along with them so well! I can't be more thankful for how blessed I have been through all of this!
Another huge blessing through all of this has been the church! The church is truly my family everywhere I go, and I can't thank the members enough in S
lovenia, and now in Canada! They help me to have the balance that I need, as well as help me to keep the right perspective of what the most important things are in life. I could not do it without the members and the church!

6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Em! I am so excited for you! National Champions...congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emillie you are so amazing! I look at your blog a lot and love it! Congrats on your championship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Congrats on your championship win!!! What fun. I wish we could have seen it! It sounds like you are on such an adventure. And you are in Canada? Seriously?!!! Where are you? I have a neice who is training for the national team as well, not sure if it's the same one or not. Her name is Kelci French. Maybe you'll run into her! We are headed to Brandon Manitoba this coming weekend for a Baptism...any chance you are nearby? Keep me posted with your plans and where you'll be. I'd love to come and watch you some time!!! Love ya Em! Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em-
    I am so proud of you!! You are such an incredible person that Heavenly Father just wants to send you all over the world to have an influence on so many people! Congrats on winning! I miss you
    -Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on becoming a national champ and best of luck in Canada! You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS EM-DOG!! That is so awesome!!! I am so proud of you, and I can't wait to hear all about your beloved Canada! :) Be sure you tell me when you come back to the states next...I miss your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete