Thursday, February 4, 2010

MARIBOR!!!





So I am back in Slovenia loving every second of this experience! Seeing my family was amazing, and I already miss them so much! This time coming to Slovenia was so much easier knowing what I was getting myself into! The second weekend being back in Slovenia, we had the big Slovenian Cup Championships! We had made it to the top 4 before Christmas break, and so they had the Semi-Finals and Finals when we all got back. It was a really exciting weekend! We got to host the tournament, and my goodness, I think everyone in Kamnik came to the games. It was great! We beat Nova Gorice in the Semi's and then we played Maribor in the Finals. Maribor is #1 and we are #2. It was the most intense game I have ever played in. They showed it on TV all over Slovenia, so it was quite a big deal for Slovenia. We ended up losing in 4 super close games, but it was such an amazing game and atmosphere! We are now entering the second half of our Season, my goodness, I am not used to a 9 month Season! I am glad they gave us Christmas Break off because my body would have fallen apart if not! We now play only teams from Slovenia, and so we will get to play Maribor a few more times, which I am very excited about! Here are some pictures from the Slovenian Cup Championships.

7 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love the pic! Bummer about the loss, but glad the games were close! Wow 9 months is a LONG season...when do you come home next?! Hopefully it coinsides with when we are there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics Em! The third one is my favorite! It brings back many memories of practice back in the day and being shut down by you over and over. Good....good memories! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hey. remember mt. olympus when we'd all line up and try to hit around you? hahahahaha. i'm sure that was real fun for you. sounds like everything is going well over there, you lucky duck. i can't wait til our next shivers date. haha. sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy Emillie started her blog, so we can all enjoy her experiences in Slovenia. It was good to have her home for Christmas. The time went too fast.I have the special treat of video chatting with her every week. She keeps me up to date on her volley ball experiences. And other happenings
    in her life. It is like a breath of fresh air each
    time I see her and hear her talk. I look forward to those days. Keeps me going. I think she is
    very brave to venture out into the world and take advantage of the mamy experiences that come to her, even being a missionary in a foreign
    land. I pray she will always be ready to enjoy
    them. And all will go well for her. She will always have all my love and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maribor!! Maribor!!! Em, I burst out laughing when I saw your post and I thought of the stinking cat that peed on the bed in Europe! I'm so glad to hear that you are having a great time, congrats on having a great first half of your season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 9 months is a long season. I bet your body is/was tired. Good thing you are in shape. Sounds like you are having some great experiences over there. Continued good luck in your season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emilie what fun! I love hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete