Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend with Erin and Richie

This past weekend Erin and Richie came all the way to Slovenia to visit me for a few days! They were so sweet to take a few days from their adventures around Europe to come and visit me! We had a blast! I don't think that I have ever eaten that much Netella in one weekend in my life, but it was completely worth it!
One of the days we went on a hike right outside Kamnik, which is where I live. The Alps are right behind my apartment, and so we enjoyed the gorgeous fall colors and the beautiful mountains all around us. My dad told Erin to give me a huge hug when she got here, so here you go dad!!
I was able to have my first real experiences of cooking something other than pasta. So, I learned how to make crepes and they turned out phenomenal! In fact, Erin and I are starting our own business once we both get settled! Here in Europe there are little coffee shops everywhere, and so we are going to open up a crepe business in the States, where you can just come and relax and enjoy the great taste of Netella!


One of the days we were all able to go to Bled, which is a gorgeous little city in Slovenia with a castle and a gorgeous lake, with an island on the middle of it.
Erin and I thought that we should pose a little different for a few shots. I think they add a lot to the picture!!

One of the nights we played "Shuk-e-darn," or "Mormon Bridge" for all you Californians. I ended up winning, after 5 bonus rounds!! Richie, as you can tell, was not happy!

Erin and Richie were able to make it to one of my games and Richie was able to take some pictures of the game! It was such a great game and so much fun to have them there for it! Thanks so much for coming Erin and Richie!! I already miss you! Sure love you guys!

5 comments:

  1. Yaay! What an awesome picture! You look like Kat flying through the air. :)

    Do they play with taller nets? Maybe it just seems that way since the blockers are getting ready to jump...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to read all about your experiences in Slovenia! Ivan and I went to Italy 2 years ago and reading about your fun travels makes me want to go back and see more. Glad you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Em you look great! still charming as always! i sure miss you but you look like you are loving it there. please let me know when you come back so I can see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em Toone, just came upon your blog, you're awesome. So glad that everything is going well there for you. Isn't being a member of the church awesome, no matter where you go you automatically have a family. What a great experience you are getting to be a part of! Way to go, can't wait to hear about you here on the national team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emilie! It is so fun to read about your adventures! HOW FUN! I love that one volleyball shot of you.

    NICE WORK!

    ReplyDelete