Monday, November 2, 2009

AUSTRIA!!

While I have been here, I have been pretty lucky with the events that I have been able to go to with the Young Single Adults here in Slovenia. After going to Croatia with them a few weeks ago, the Young Single Adults in Slovenia were invited to a Conference in Austria with about 60 other Young Single Adults from other countries around Austria. The weekend was full of workshops, firesides, dancing, food, hikes, church and more.

One of the mornings we had a little extra time and so a bunch of us drove to Vienna for a few hours to see the gorgeous city! I was in awe how amazing it was! It is definitely a city that someone could spend days in and still not get to see everything!


One of our activities was to hike up to the waterfall in Wien Neustadt. It was absolutely gorgeous! These two girls are amazing! They are both in the Branch that I go to and the one in the middle is the Relief Society President here in Slovenia!! Talk about a huge job for someone that age!


These two girls are from Hungary and they are the sweetest people that I have ever met! They are sisters and they are so sweet to each other! They reminded me of the amazing sisters that I have!
Saturday night there was a big dance and I was not expecting the kind of dancing that I saw! All I can say is that everyone in America needs to come over here and see what real, clean dancing is like! I honestly did not know how to dance to their music because of how slow the beat was. It was not the hip hop kind of music that are at dances in the States. They were all pros at "The Waltz!!" It reminded me of Sound of Music and the dancing that is in that movie! It was such a neat experience to see what dances are like in other countries. I definitely learned a lot, and I feel bad for the guys that are still in pain for how many times I stepped on their feet. I for sure need to practice "The Waltz!"


No comments:

Post a Comment