Saturday, August 29, 2009

I made the team!!










































So this past week I found out that I made the team here in Kamnik!! My tryouts were for about a week and a half, and I finally found out that I made it and I am so excited! I absolutely love it here and they treat me so well, and so I am excited to spend the next 7 months here! The girls have been very nice to invite me out to do things with them. Last Saturday we were able to go to the main city, Ljubljana, and it was a lot of fun! They took me and we had pizza for lunch and then they took me to another little place for dessert. I thought that most Europeans just like ice cream, gelato, but the Slovenes actually like cakes/pies, and so they took me to a dessert place and we all had cakes! They were delicious! I was not able to translate everything to the waiter, and so I told him that I love chocolate and so he said that he would bring me his favorite chocolate dish, and it was amazing!
Right now we are still in pre-season and we have started playing games to get us ready for the League to start. We beat an American team who came two weeks ago and then we beat another team, who is in the top division here, so I was pretty excited! My team has a lot of really good girls and it is very fun to play with them!
I have started to learn some of the language also, which makes it easier when my coach is yelling at me, so that I know what he is saying!
So, Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Em, you posted some pictures!! Congrats on making the team! I miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Em! That is so exciting! I am glad you like it there and can't wait to here all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that things are going so well for you, Emily. Seeing your picture makes me realize how much I miss seeing you on the team this year. Take care and continued good luck.

    ReplyDelete